THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 25, 2008

No Plans, No Reservations, No Worries.....

Yesterday, in the mail, I received an invitation to attend my 30th High School Reunion. How freakin' weird is that? I really can't be that old, can I?

I guess that means that now...I'm...Middle..Aged?

It doesn't even sound right. I don't feel that way. I just can't believe time has gone away so quickly.... I should still be 18 or 25 or so (I wish, I wish, I wish!)

Being a teen to young adult in the 70's - 80's was so fun in Arkansas. We would all meet for lunch at a local Pizza Parlor; because we were in GED and got out of school around 11:30. I didn't have to be at work until 6:00 at the local Sears Store.

We had a couple of local swimming holes (creeks) that was the party spot on a certain day...the gravel pit, Lake Sylvia, Hollowells. We'd meet everyone down at the "T-Pot" (Trains, Planes and Other Things) on Friday/Saturday nights. Or, we head out to some really seculuded spot (which now is someones business or a Kroger) and build big bon fires. Someone would crank up their car stereo and we'd party until dawn.

A couple of summers, my husband (at the time - my boyfriend) and I would load up his GTO and take off to West Texas to visit his favorite Uncle, Mike and Christine in Big Spring. No plans, No reservations, No worries.

We'd take Tim's 4 wheel drive, and climb up mountains and drive through big mud ditches. Sometimes, I'm surprised we didn't roll the truck over or bury it so deep we got out in China.

When he got his Kawasaki motorcycle, we'd take off on it and ride around North Arkansas on any given weekend. Again, no plans, no reservations. Just strapped a coupled of sleeping bags on the bike and take an extra pair of jeans and underwear. We'd sleep on the ground - anywhere. And stop at a washateria in some small town to wash our jeans for the next day.

And, then, I was talking with my mom about how NOW, when my husband and I go on trips - that I MUST have a soft bed, and running - hot and cold water; everyday.

There is no way that I could ride a motorcycle for 8 hours, then throw a sleeping bag down for the night, get up - without a bath - and take off for another 8 hours.

Now, our trips MUST BE PLANNED, RESERVATIONS FOR THE HOTEL/MOTEL MUST BE MADE, AND YES - I WORRY IF I DON'T DO IT.

0 comments: