THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hey! It's Not HOT!

Well, it's now August. And, unlike all our other Augusts this one is really great. It started out HOT, but last week through the weekend, (my weekend ended Monday,) it has really been very comfortable.

That's just one of the many reasons I so love my Arkansas. Just when you think you've got the weather figured out - Arkansas will make you love her all over again.

This morning is great. I almost needed a light jacket (IN ARKANSAS, IN AUGUST.) That is so unheard of. Usually, by this time of the year, we are always inside, in the AC, dreading to have to go outside, for any reason. The humidity alone is enough to keep the faint of heart from leaving their cool home.

We usually have those sultry summer nights. It's probably almost like a rain forest when the humidity rises on those days that are 100+. I know many people who cannot live in Arkansas because of it.

For instance, Tim's Aunt - who comes from West Texas. She and Uncle Mike moved here from Big Spring - many years ago. She was so miserable and voiced her dislike of Arkansas regularly. (This attitude was from someone who lived in a desert.) She constantly longed for her - flat, no trees, disgusting water, arid and hot - beloved West Texas. Finally, he had heard enough, he packed her up and took her home. He passed away several years later; she and their son are still in West Texas.

So we'll enjoy this cool August for a while. I'm sure the summer is not through with us yet. But, I'm hoping for an early - long fall season this year.

2 comments:

mimisuu said...

Girl, I am hoping for an ice storm! This weather is killing me. Wait, maybe it's the hot flashes that are killing me. Do you think it is possible for an ice storm within your body? I have got to get back on the hormones....I can't take it anymore!

Unknown said...

I agree, I am loving this good weather, but I am not so sure it will last. We almost froze at the pool on Saturday!!!