THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's good to be #1.

As you can tell by my postings, I am the eldest. I am the eldest child, daughter and grandchild (on my dad's side.) Now that's a pretty big responsibilty. I have to set the example. I have to take care of the little ones. I am #1. At least that is what my mom has deemed me to be. It's kind of cute, when I call her at work and leave a message I say, "Tell her that her #1 called." And she always knows who it is.

I don't have children so I don't have a "number one" to pass the torch to. But I do have an abundance of neices and nephews. And they are all number one in some fashion, but alas there can only be one "number one." So I have decided to pass that torch to my Bon. She is the eldest grandchild, my sister's daughter. She has also made me so proud. She is so smart. So together. So beautiful. She is well worthy of such a title.

So Bon, here's to you. I deem you the next generation "Number One." I know you'll do me proud.
I love you. Aunt M.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my name is MOM and i approve this message.

Anonymous said...

Now that i've finished boo-hooing....it feels so great to know that someone that i have so much respect for thinks of me in such a high regard. I dont know that i could ever fill your shoes as "number 1" but it's wonderful to know you have such faith in me. This really made my day. :)