THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 25, 2006

You have to appreciate the trees in the Autumn.

My favorite time of the year-Autumn. It's been so hot this summer and the cool morning today made me feel so alive. I LOVE IT! Now is the time for raking leaves, for home cooking - to keep the house warm, football, pumpkins, the harvest moon. So many things come to mind. When I was younger, my dad's family would load up every year to drive up to the north in our state. We had about four to five different vehicles convoying to Pea Ridge for an annual picnic. And, I must say that you have never seen God's beauty like you'll see in North Arkansas. I love it. The autumns are so vibrant. It's like a painted canvas if your timing just right. If you drive the "pig trail" around mid- to - late October you'll see sights that would compare to the first time you saw the grand canyon. I can't wait for this year's show of color. Last year my husband and I went with my family to Branson. As we were driving I went on and on about the colors of the trees, "Honey, look at the trees! Aren't they beautiful?" He said,"It's just a tree." A bit later my mom who's in the car behind us, calls on the cell phone and says, "Look at the trees, aren't they beautiful?" My husband, rolled his eyes. Then we arrive at the hotel in Branson and my aunt pipes up and say's, "Did you see the trees? Oh, so pretty!" I thought my husband was going to go back home. After twenty-six years you'd think he understood me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so right, the fall colors are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I do remember these trips and the wonderful memories of going to the mountains with everyone. I miss that drive through the Ozarks and all the picnics we had. I may have to do that this year!!!