THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Carol; March 29, 1955 - March 31, 2009

Carol was a cousin, a mentor and a friend. She was bubbly and always had some comic comeback to everything anyone would say.

We all lived on the loop. She and, our cousin, Karen were always hanging out together. They were the ones mom and dad called when they needed a babysitter. When I was a small child, I was in awe of Carol and Karen. They were so grown up. They went to high school and basketball games and always had so much FUN. They listened to rock-n-roll records and hung out at my grandma's house.

Later, when I was a teenager, Carol lived with her mom. We would all hang out at her house, and every Friday and Saturday night we'd load up in her little pinto head out to cruise SW city. It was a teen ritual and Carol made sure we all got back home safely.

After I graduated, we sorta went our seperate ways...I would see her and her mom occassionally at the family get-to-gethers. I never knew her health was failing. She was always the same snappy comeback, bubbly Carol that I'd always loved.

I will miss her, but I'm praying that her pain has left and she's sitting at God's knee making him laugh until he cries.

0 comments: