THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails…

Becky & Billy


Tony

My sissy and I were the only children in our household for four years before we were blessed, again, with a brother. My “big brother” Billy came along and then the next year we got the baby, Tony.

As I’ve said in a previous post, sissy and I fought tooth and nail through most of our childhood. Well, brothers weren’t any different. (Maybe I’m suffering from some sort of ME syndrome?) My little brothers were horrendous! They would tattle on the least little thing…especially Tony. They went through all my school yearbooks and drew moustaches on all the cute guys; they were always loud and boisterous. Every time I had a date, they would hide and watch me – occasionally saying things like “kiss him Mara”, or “Mara and so & so sitting in a tree…” They were so embarrassing!

But, like my relationship with my sissy, we have since grown and now I do love my brothers’ soooo much!

Billy, my “big brother,” has really made me so proud. He and his wife, Becky, have bought some land and are working to get a new home on it. They have a really large family – Leigh Ann, Kitty and April (from Becky’s previous marriage,) Zack (from Billy’s previous marriage) and their little ones: Mason, Walker and Lessie. Billy works with concrete and builds the stuff that’s under sidewalks and such. Becky works part-time for the local school district substitute teaching. She also raises and sells some of the prettiest kitties’ I’ve ever seen. They’re called rag dolls and they’re so darling.

Tony (the baby) – which I nicknamed TJ de Bozo when we were small, is also someone I’m quite proud of. He works with my honey, doing upholstery. He just bought his first motorcycle a couple of weeks ago. So maybe we’ll be riding together soon. He has two sons, Billy and Dylan. Billy is attending college and Dylan just aced his algebra test at high school.

I am so blessed to have been able to grow up with these guys and the blessings continue because we’ve become closer and we all know we can depend on each other.

0 comments: